I have a regular desktop computer, but now I would like something smaller I can just carry around or use in bed. I just want games and perhaps Facebook, but I would not be putting pictures and bookmarks and all kinds of stuff in it.
Can someone tell me what device would be best for this for the money. I am not looking to spend a lot, but want something that is fast and works good.
Thanks.
TBH it's a difficult thing to suggest, my best advice is to go to a store and physically have a play with what interests you, but if you want minimal, a tablet would probably be the way to go, but I doubt you will get the power and speed that you have in your desktop, but the 2 key points you need to look out for when choosing, is the processor (the main thing), and the memory, these are the biggest factors in achieving your goal as best I can see, also check out if the memory can be upgraded, this gives you more flexibility in choosing something, as you can add more memory when money allows, making the better processor more affordable, assuming prices work out right, not a clear answer, but hopefully gives you something to start on, hope it helps a bit.
There's your problem. Gaming is about the most demanding task we can ask of our computers. Games require lots of power for good "game play". Lots of power is problem for small portable devices. Lots of power generates lots of heat. And getting rid of heat is another problem for small portable devices. And lots of power costs more money, another problem when you note you do not want to spend a lot of money.
It looks like to me you need a big gaming PC and monitor on your desk - with a wireless keyboard and mouse you can take to bed with you.
depends what you mean by gaming.
lots of gaming browser apps around now that play fine on tablets and laptops.
biggest thing in my opinion is how much typing your likely to do, not much then a tablet will be best, a lot then a laptop/notebook with keyboard would definitely be best.
And my favorite game, Spider Solitaire, runs on about anything!
then a laptop/notebook with keyboard would definitely be best.
The problem there is heat again. Notebooks should not be set on a bed any more than they should sit in your lap - at least not without some sort of flat hard pad - like a notebook cooling pad.
I am looking to play just the app games. Very little typing, but probably looking at facebook. What processor and what memory should I be sure I get? I don't want the thing to crawl. I don't know, do tablets come in different speeds?
Thanks.
ok so you want a tablet, screen size is probably the next thing you need to decide on, the bigger ones around the 10inch mark or the smaller ones around the 7inch mark.
I like the one you mentioned, but kind of wanted a bigger screen. But I do want it super clear and fast. Now what is the difference between the tablet, ipad and kindle fire hd. Do I need a router for either of these machines?
ouch on all the prices. I just wanted something to play on while laying on the couch or in bed, but not too small I can't get my fingers on the right icons. Now I don't know what to do.
you'd be surprised how much a 7inch screen can show you and why i'd go for that size for just under the $200 mark.
don't think you will find anything worth having for less money.
i don't have one and have no desire to purchase one at least not in the foreseeable future.
people enjoy using a 4inch smart phone for what your wanting to use the tablet for. so no i don't think a 7inch screen would be to small,
you'd need to connect to the internet to get facebook and your emails, so yes this is usually done by a wireless connection to your router, but no you don't need a router for them to work just like you don't need an internet connection for your pc to work.
I too think I will get the nexus 7, especially for under $200. Now do I have to get a router or a WiFi (whatever that is) to use this thing. If I have to get a router, can you recommend a good one for the money?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI