This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hello :)

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi Frankjr, Welcome to WTT Forums. Glad to see your interest in learning and assisting others. I notice that you list BackTrack as one of the operating systems you use. Are you running it installed as a dual-boot, or perhaps running it separately from Optical or a USB? I've never run BackTrack and have only read a few blog posts about it. What activities do you use it for? Or what is an example of a project for which you have used BackTrack? Hope you enjoy your learning here. Best Regards
Hey Doug how are you? I'm sorry If I didn't answer earlier :/ I was out of home, in a place without internet xD Well, I'm a computer science student, and they here in the department they offered a Ethical Hacker mini-course, and the instructor asked us to install the BackTrack OS so we could practice our exercises. Sadly, nowadays I don't use it a lot because I need a little more knowledge but I really hope that after I have Security classes in college I can restart using it. I have it in dual boot in my notebook. Well, you probably have read it already, but BackTrack has pretty much everything a pen-tester would need to perform his job: it has a lot of useful tools to perfom optimized nmaps, to try exploits, fingerprint. My mini-course, like the name says, was just a introduction to all these things that I intend to study deeply as I advance in my major. Well… that's it, as you see I'm no pro xD But I want to be >.<
Hi again frankjr

Thanks for your reply.

I too was once a college student earning degrees, though not in the same academic discipline which you are persuing.
Eventually in my professional career I reached a point where I was able to also contribute as a volunteer in a variety of ways, one of which has been helping at this and other Forum communities. Volunteering has been both a committment and a joy.

Best Regards