Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

opening emails from Outlook 2002 in Outlook 2010

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teclady45

teclady45

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I have a Win 7 professional computer and at this time I am using Office XP with Outlook 2002. I have purchased Office Home and Business 2010 and want to install it on the computer. I know you can only have one Outlook and when I install 2010 it will remove the old Outlook. My issue is I need the emails I have in Outlook 2002 to be able to open in Outlook 2010. I know the old version is in ANSi and the new 2010 is Unicode or something. Can some one please give me step by step instruction on how to make this possible. I plan on uninstalling Office XP before I install the Office 2010.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 smithgrace

smithgrace

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

As Outlook 2002 and 2010 both have different PST file structure so you need to create a new Unicode PST file. Follow below mentioned steps : Go to New Items → More Items → Outlook Data File.. and set it as default from File → Account Settings → Data Files tab and select newly created PST file and click on button set as default. Now restart Outlook. Now you can transfer or move all your ANSI based PST file items to this Unicode PST. After this disconnect the old ANSI based PST file but make sure that no email account is set to with this file. You can use this Unicode PST file into your Outlook 2010. Regards smithgrace