This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

opening emails from Outlook 2002 in Outlook 2010

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Win 7 professional computer and at this time I am using Office XP with Outlook 2002. I have purchased Office Home and Business 2010 and want to install it on the computer. I know you can only have one Outlook and when I install 2010 it will remove the old Outlook. My issue is I need the emails I have in Outlook 2002 to be able to open in Outlook 2010. I know the old version is in ANSi and the new 2010 is Unicode or something. Can some one please give me step by step instruction on how to make this possible. I plan on uninstalling Office XP before I install the Office 2010.
As Outlook 2002 and 2010 both have different PST file structure so you need to create a new Unicode PST file. Follow below mentioned steps : Go to New Items → More Items → Outlook Data File.. and set it as default from File → Account Settings → Data Files tab and select newly created PST file and click on button set as default. Now restart Outlook. Now you can transfer or move all your ANSI based PST file items to this Unicode PST. After this disconnect the old ANSI based PST file but make sure that no email account is set to with this file. You can use this Unicode PST file into your Outlook 2010. Regards smithgrace

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI