Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Couldn't open firefox

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 PattiChati

PattiChati

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I have been working on this for days and googling it and it is a virus. Some people have managed to get rid of it. I got it when I went back to a restore point, but I don't know what restore point it was. Neither of your ideas worked because it is not anywhere on my computer except if I go to about:msconf. It is there, I click on it and they all go away and when I restart FF, they all come back. The only thing I can think of to do is to go back to a restore point about a month ago and see if it disappears.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

After further research:

isearch.babylon.com

... is an annoying browser hijacker. Once installed on your PC, it will make your Internet search functions out of work. Some specific features of Isearch.babylon.com will be stated below. Firstly, it can hijack your Internet browser, which means it can change the default setting of your browser to occupy the browser's authorization, alter your home page without your permission. What's worse, it will affect the web search navigation. Secondly, you will fail to get access to certain web resources, since Isearch.babylon.com block up your search. Thirdly, it may install other sorts of spyware/adware to mess your PC system up. In addition, it will redirect your search results to Isearch.babylon.com or its related malicious websites when you use your search engine like Google or Bing. At the show up page, there are numerous ads and pop-ups, unsafe links and floored with mal-ware. As a result, it will slow down you PC performance.

Open a thread in the malware removal section of this forum and provide a link to this page.

isearch.babylon.com is probably the cause of any/all the other problems you are having on your PC, so it's removal is the first thing to do.

Cheers,
Lee

PS added:
See here http://forums.mozill...h...8&t=2381699

Edited by Lee, 21 August 2012 - 03:37 PM.

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#33 PattiChati

PattiChati

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

OK, I got rid of Babylon, what a process. I worked with the "malware" forum and fixed all the problems and I have everything back where it belongs. My computer is working good, now I have some issues with yahoo. This doesn't happen all the time. It will take forever to go to another website. The little circle goes around and around. I am using Yahoo and Firefox browser 14.0. One error is Server not found. FF can't find server at us.mg5.mail.yahoo..com Another one is we are not able to open your mail at this time. Also, on the mail page the boxes across the top that have format, emoticons, delete One error is Server not found. FF can't find server at us.mg5.mail.yahoo..com Another one is we are not able to open your mail at this time. Also, on the mail page, the boxes that say delete, spam, etc are black and you can't read anythingWhen_emailing_a_letter.PNG Also, the top of the page where file, edit, view, the URL bar, etc, I am not able to change that gray at all. Any ideas?color_background.PNG

Edited by PattiChati, 25 August 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#34 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

I don't use FF and I don't use Yahoo mail either.

As both the issues you seem to have left over after Satchfan removed your malware are software related to FF browser and Yahoo mail, these links may help you:

Yahoo! Mail Support

Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems

Cheers,
Lee

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#35 ImaBrokeDude

ImaBrokeDude

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Please insure you do not have custom proxy settings enabled one your system.

#36 PattiChati

PattiChati

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

How would I know if I did or not?

#37 ImaBrokeDude

ImaBrokeDude

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

Hi, PattiChati

How would I know if I did or not?

Click the Firefox button in the upper left of the Firefox browser menu and then click Options. The Options window will appear.

Select the Advanced tab.

On the Advanced tab, click the Network tab and then the Settings button.

Select the option that says No Proxy.

Click OK and then click OK again to disable the proxy settings.