This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

How can I remove Live Security Platinum? [Solved]

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi guys! I have a problem which, I think, is very serious :smack: There is a program on my PC called Live Security Platinum. It looks like a security tool. Or at least I thought it is one in the beginning. However, this tool start itself without my permission and I displays pop-up warnings. I tells me that there are many infected files on my PC and serious system errors, as well. I cannot stop the program. I also tried to scan my PC with my AV (I`m using Avast), but the AV was stopped. I need to remove this tool immediately. If someone knows how I can do that, please, tell me!
Hello jessito and welcome to the WTT forum.

My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.

Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
  • please follow all instructions in the order posted
  • please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
  • all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
  • if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
  • the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
IMPORTANT:

Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested

===================================================

Run RogueKiller

IMPORTANT: Do not reboot your computer if at all possible otherwise the malware will reactivate and you will have to run RogueKiller again

Download RogueKiller to your desktop.
  • close all running programs
  • for Windows Vista/Seven, right click -> run as administrator, for XP simply double-click on RogueKiller.exe
  • when the prescan is finished, click on Scan
  • click on Report and copy/paste the content in your next post.[/list
    If the program is blocked, do not hesitate to try several times. If it really does not work (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe
Please post the contents of the RKreport.txt in your next reply.

Satchfan
Hi jessito It has been a couple of days since I replied to your request for help with your computer problems. Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help. Thanks Satchfan
Hi! Thank you for your instructions, I was unable to get back to you this is why I`m writing you now. I had to use another PC to see the topic. I also read about the problem and it seems that I have the same infection as this which is described here http://www.americanpendulum.com/2012/07/27…m-removal-tool/ . Anyway, the problem is solved now. I did exactly what you have told me - I didn`t follow any of the scan requests sent by this tool. Instead, I downloaded Malwarebytes (this was the only difference from your steps) and run it as an administrator. Then it was easy to remove the rogue and now my PC is working OK again. Thanks a lot!!!
I'm glad you feel that the problem has been solved. However, it is very unwise to follow instructions from a site that has no credentials in malware removal. Malwarebtes is the preferred tool to remove many things, including Live Security Platinum but this particular malware brings other things with it and you cannot be sure all is clear just ftom running Malwarebytes. I would suggest that if you have the time, you follow the previous instructions and let us be sure that your computer ic clean - lack of symptoms does not always mean all is well. If I don't hear back within 24 hours I will assume that you have decided against doing that and close the thread. Regards Satchfan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI