This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Infected Again [Solved]

36 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

please go into device manager and have a look for any warning triangles for any of your devices, if you do, uninstall the drivers, reboot and let Windows reinstall the drivers, let me know what you find. Also, make sure your keyboard and track pad are enabled > go to start > control panel, select the accessibility options > make sure the options are "unchecked" for using "stick keys and onboard mouse and keyboard. let me know what you find
No warning triangles and nothing was ticked in accessibility options - this however was in safe mode and the keyboard and trackpad work ok in safe mode. I will try to access the same within the normal bootup and let you know. Thanks again.
I was able to get into the settings eventually but it there is nothing to report as it was the same as safe mode. I was able to open some programs but the keyboard and trackpad still wouldn't work. Now when I booted up in safe mode for the second time I am getting error messages when I try to access your site - Adobe Flash plugin has crashed. I am gonna give up now as nothing seems to b working. I will probably reformat the hard drive and relosd windows. Thank u SO MUCH for all your help and advice.
that's probably for the best, it doesn't appear to be malware related, at least when you wipe the drive and re-install you will have everything working properly, if that doesn't resolve the issues, then hardware failure will be to blame, HDD failure, motherboard or ram most likely, I'm very sorry I couldn't be more help and pinpoint the issue. If you wanted to post a new topic in our hardware forum first, the expert techs there may be able to run some tests to determine what is likely causing the issue.
UPDATE Just to let you know that I figured out what the problem was. I did a system restore before the problems started. It was working fine, until it automatically installed updates for Windows. My laptop would not work again. I have done a system restore again and taken off the automatic updates option. I will install the updates but one at a time to see which one is causing the problem. Thank you again for all your help. Just thought you may like to know. You can now close this thread.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI