This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Ipak.exe/volim.exe still inside my laptop [Solved]

24 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi SatchFan! I have just finished using Flash Disinfector to one of my USBs it now have auto.inf >How would I know if there is any malicious file there? >Should I just run my antivirus? >If there is an infection, I must post it here again? Also, here's what I'm planning to do for my brother's PC. Scan the PC to check any error or malicious file. >Save it to flashdrive >Upload it here, SatchFan will check it. IF it appears to be infected, I'll show him the result and let him decide if he wants it cured or not. ShayeDrake :popcorn: PS: Please send me some instruction on what to use to scan my Brother's PC. Thanks!
Hi ShayeDrake

As far as your computer and flash drive are concerned you can rest assured they are both clean.

If you think your brother's computer is infected, don't use your flash drive on it.

I'll show him the result and let him decide if he wants it cured or not.

I would suggest under the circumstances that you get your brother to start his own topic.

We don't analyse logs and let people choose whether or not they would like it cleaned. We are very busy and the people who ask for our help ALL want their computers "cured" which is why they came here in the first place.

By him starting his own topic we will be sure that he is asing for our help.

Kind regards

Satchfan
I See…

Well, I am currently downloading ZoneAlarm and boy my net connection is really slow.
I guess we are all done here. If there's another issue I shall be posting a new thread then.
>Since this post is for the Ipak\Volim.exe from my brother's flashdrive and infected my laptop too and both of them were cleaned.
We may close the thread. I believe the case is solved but before that… I'd like to ask..
>Can you give me a good application for password recovery? (Or is it not possible?) There were files from our school project encrypted with password and the password lists were gone from the files. I will need to break it myself since I no longer have communication to my group mates last 7years and my brother needs to use them for his school project.

Thank you in advance SatchFan.. Have a Blessed Year to you.

ShayeDrake :wavey:

PS:
I will finish all your instruction right away Thank you again.

Can you give me a good application for password recovery?

You could try Passware Password Recovery which you can find here.

I haven’t used it myself but I believe it is quite straightforward and effective as long as the passwords are not over-complicated.

Good luck and also with the job-hunting

Satchfan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI