My name is NoodleTech
. I would be glad to assist you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
- I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- Please be aware that removing malware is not without risk and while unrecoverable damage to systems is rare, it can happen and may require a re-format and re-install of your operating system. Because of this it is a good idea to back-up anything important saved on your computer.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
- Do not delete anything unless instructed to.
- DO NOT use tools such as ComboFix without supervision.
- Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clean.
- It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
- If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Failure to respond within 3 days will result in this topic being closed - If you need more time to complete the steps required, please let me know.
Please download aswMBR.exe
and save it to your desktop.
Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool. (Vista/Windows 7 users - right click to run as administrator)
- Upon completion of the scan, click Save log and save it to your desktop, and copy and paste that log in your next reply for review.
- Note - do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
- You will also notice another file created on the desktop named MBR.dat.
- Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file.
- Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well.