This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Browsers Keep Crashing

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello there, I know I am new to this forum but I am hoping that you can help me solve my problems. Just recently, my browsers started to act weird (Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer) My Chrome keeps showing AWW Snap! pages after browsing for a while. Firefox keeps crashing after 2-3 minutes of browsing. Internet Explorer (eventhough I never opened it) shows a pop-up showing it has found an error. I ran CCleaner to clean the registry and stuffs. Then., I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner just now and it removed 1 Trojan virus. And then, Bit Defender's Deep System Scan and it found nothing. But the problem still exits, any suggestions? Please and thank you.
Hi hansley, and welcome to the WTT forums,
Sorry to hear of the problems with your computer.

Then., I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner just now and it removed 1 Trojan virus.

As you have been infected with a trojan It would be wise for you to visit here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=106388
follow the directions, posting your logs in that forum (not here please as we do not analyse them on this subforum)

If, once your machine has been declared clear of undesirable elements and you are still having issues with it, post back here in this subforum and we will do our best to help you.
Regards
paws
Hi hansley
I have been keeping an eye open on your topic in the Virus and spyware removal forum, where mowman has been giving his usual expert advice and detailed assistance with the diagnosis and clean up……it's good to see that your computer is now all sparkly clean and free of infections.

As your computer is now running well it would be wise to consider using a disc imaging application to make a disc image of your hard drive ….together with a bootable CD that will enable the computer to boot and access the disc image (best kept safe with an additional copy safely offsite on removable media) an external USB hard drive is good for this.

Paid for disc imaging products are available from Acronis, Paragon, Symantec etc., (I tend to use Acronis as its quite good)….
and free versions available from here:
http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/backupandimage.shtml
(Macrium has a good reputation.)
Having a disc image (verified for accuracy and kept safe on removable media) of your complete hard drive would be an excellent "insurance" against troubles that could arise in the future that cannot be dealt with satisfactorily in a timely or cost effective way by the usual means, and would enable the computer to be set back to its current and smooth running state.(the disc image can be likened to an "electronic photograph" of everything that is on your computer Windows itself all your Programs, settings, emails, address books, docs and spreadsheets, music, videos, drivers etc…….everything! ………..) I commend its use to you.

It can usually be achieved in less time than it takes to walk the dog!
Keep safe
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI