Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Browsers Keep Crashing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hansley

hansley

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hello there, I know I am new to this forum but I am hoping that you can help me solve my problems. Just recently, my browsers started to act weird (Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer) My Chrome keeps showing AWW Snap! pages after browsing for a while. Firefox keeps crashing after 2-3 minutes of browsing. Internet Explorer (eventhough I never opened it) shows a pop-up showing it has found an error. I ran CCleaner to clean the registry and stuffs. Then., I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner just now and it removed 1 Trojan virus. And then, Bit Defender's Deep System Scan and it found nothing. But the problem still exits, any suggestions? Please and thank you.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hi hansley, and welcome to the WTT forums,
Sorry to hear of the problems with your computer.

Then., I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner just now and it removed 1 Trojan virus.

As you have been infected with a trojan It would be wise for you to visit here:
http://forums.whatth...howtopic=106388
follow the directions, posting your logs in that forum (not here please as we do not analyse them on this subforum)

If, once your machine has been declared clear of undesirable elements and you are still having issues with it, post back here in this subforum and we will do our best to help you.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

Hi hansley
I have been keeping an eye open on your topic in the Virus and spyware removal forum, where mowman has been giving his usual expert advice and detailed assistance with the diagnosis and clean up......it's good to see that your computer is now all sparkly clean and free of infections.

As your computer is now running well it would be wise to consider using a disc imaging application to make a disc image of your hard drive ....together with a bootable CD that will enable the computer to boot and access the disc image (best kept safe with an additional copy safely offsite on removable media) an external USB hard drive is good for this.

Paid for disc imaging products are available from Acronis, Paragon, Symantec etc., (I tend to use Acronis as its quite good)....
and free versions available from here:
http://www.thefreeco...pandimage.shtml
(Macrium has a good reputation.)
Having a disc image (verified for accuracy and kept safe on removable media) of your complete hard drive would be an excellent "insurance" against troubles that could arise in the future that cannot be dealt with satisfactorily in a timely or cost effective way by the usual means, and would enable the computer to be set back to its current and smooth running state.(the disc image can be likened to an "electronic photograph" of everything that is on your computer Windows itself all your Programs, settings, emails, address books, docs and spreadsheets, music, videos, drivers etc.......everything! ...........) I commend its use to you.

It can usually be achieved in less time than it takes to walk the dog!
Keep safe
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate