HP Compaq Presario. I posted in the section you asked me to, and supplied all the info needed. . Just have not heard back. We will wait a little longer.
Hi Lewg,
Yes that type of system will commonly have its own custom MBR that will come up as "unknown" in our scans.
I understand how you want to get your system back up and running but sometimes it will take some time to figure out what is going on with it. The techs that you are working with now are exceptional and will be able to give your system a good look over in areas I am not as well versed in.
Jeff,
I noticed in my root drive, " C:" when we ran QTL it created a QTL directory. The QTL directory has several directorys, and within those more directorys have been created. In other words a tree of directorys spun from running the QTL program. I don't see any need for these, please advise…..I have dumped all the text files that were left over in the C drive.
Thanks!
I might mention there has been not responce to my post in the Hardware section….It's been several days since I made the post.
Did you mean OTL? If so please don't delete anything as that could actually hinder us being able to retrieve files if needed later on.
As I am sure you can see we are very busy here and we appreciate your patience while waiting. The Tech Team is just really busy right now and I am sure they will get to you as quickly as possible.
Jeff, this is a post that was made asking me the question below. Did you see anything regarding the post I sent you? I sill have the Puppy disk. Should I just boot it and do what?
I am only asking so I can give Paws the info he asked for. Hopefully I can move ahead with the guys in the Hardware section. Thanks!
Let us know about any disc images made and any error codes you may have received and details of how your computer runs using Puppy Linux
Regards
paws
Jeff, this is a post that was made asking me the question below. Did you see anything regarding the post I sent you? I sill have the Puppy disk.
Paws just wants you to boot up your system using the Puppy Linux CD that we created and then work around inside of it. Go look at pictures you may have, files that you have saved and let the techs know how your system runs while running inside of Puppy.
I need to say though you should direct any questions about this to the tech team. They will be able to answer the questions relating to this more than I can and I can't really speak about what it is exactly that they might be looking for and certainly don't want to guide you in the wrong direction.