djchalf
Topic Starter
Hi recently I ran a scan using spybot and it found an instance of smitfraud-c attached to a svchost.exe file. I look online and found that other people with this problem were told to download and run smitfraudfix in safe mode. I ran this and it did find some threats and removed them however it was unable to remove the smitfraud. running the spybot in admin mode allowed me to remove it. however when i removed it this way my computer has a weird problem where it doesnt like to boot and instead runs windows startup repair, fails to repair itself, im forced to shut down the computer, and when i restart it, it boots normally (slower than normal) but error free. if anyone thinks that this smitfraud or deleting my svchost is the problem im having let me know even better if you know how to delete why smitfraudfix isnt working. I look forward to your reply's and thanks in advance.