Nicole26
I wanted to start by saying thank you to everyone for all your support. You have been fantastic. I left work early on Friday thanks to a very understanding boss so that I could come home and give Ibuypower a call. I requested a manager right away. The guy didn't give me his name but he was at extension 1141. He was pretty rude. He told me that I was the only one having this problem and that they did extensive testing so he didn't understand how I could be having problems. He told me to remove the motherboard battery and RAM for 2min then to call him back (He had a very important customer and he had to work on their PC). So I did that, it didn't help and I called him back. He told me to test every stick of RAM and call him back. However he would be leaving so I could call him on Monday. I did this, got errors on every stick by test 8 on Memtest.
Frustrated I pondered it and scoured the internet for help. Today I figured out that it could be due to incompatible RAM. I printed up a list of RAM that works with my motherboard. The RAM that Ibuypower had installed was GSkill F3-12800CL9S. Hmmm this did not appear on the compatible list of RAM with my motherboard….. Really???…. Perplexed I took myself down to Micro Center and presented my list. They gave me a very good Corsair RAM that was better and less expensive than the RAM that came with my ibuypower PC. Reluctantly I installed the RAM and ran a memtest……
[external image: Posted Image]
….OMG…. That was the problem the entire time? They had my PC at their shop, they replaced my motherboard and they didn't figure out that the problem was because of incompatible RAM? I am a computer casual, which is why I wanted 'experts' to build my PC, but this seems a little ridiculous!
None the less my computer is operating flawlessly! I honestly cried when I saw that screen. I will only have to talk with ibuypower 1 more time, and that is to return their RAM, and get a refund for it. Whew, now I finally have the computer of my dreams! Thank you everyone for your help you are fantastic! I am glad to be a part of the whatthetech community:)
Frustrated I pondered it and scoured the internet for help. Today I figured out that it could be due to incompatible RAM. I printed up a list of RAM that works with my motherboard. The RAM that Ibuypower had installed was GSkill F3-12800CL9S. Hmmm this did not appear on the compatible list of RAM with my motherboard….. Really???…. Perplexed I took myself down to Micro Center and presented my list. They gave me a very good Corsair RAM that was better and less expensive than the RAM that came with my ibuypower PC. Reluctantly I installed the RAM and ran a memtest……
[external image: Posted Image]
….OMG…. That was the problem the entire time? They had my PC at their shop, they replaced my motherboard and they didn't figure out that the problem was because of incompatible RAM? I am a computer casual, which is why I wanted 'experts' to build my PC, but this seems a little ridiculous!
None the less my computer is operating flawlessly! I honestly cried when I saw that screen. I will only have to talk with ibuypower 1 more time, and that is to return their RAM, and get a refund for it. Whew, now I finally have the computer of my dreams! Thank you everyone for your help you are fantastic! I am glad to be a part of the whatthetech community:)