This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

trojan [Closed]

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi liverpool and welcome to WhatTheTech forums!
I'm Sunyata and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Please be advised, as I am still in training, all my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts before I post them. This is to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advice. This may cause a delay, but I will do my very best to keep it as short as possible.

Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:

  • Malware logs are often lengthy and can take a lot of time to research and interpret. Please be patient while I review your logs.
  • The fixes I will give you are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • Please make sure to carefully read any instructions posted. If you're not sure, please stop and ask!
  • Please stay with this thread until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not necessarily mean that all malware is gone.
  • PLEASE DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
  • PLEASE DO NOT run any malware scans other than those requested.
  • Please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
  • I will reply back shortly with instructions

Note to Vista and Windows 7 users:
  • These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
  • These tools MUST be run With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")


Please download OTL to your desktop.
  • If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:

    -Tools->Options->Main tab
    -Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

  • Double click on OTL.exe to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • In the window under Custom Scans/Fixes copy and paste the following


netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\Fonts\*.com
%systemroot%\Fonts\*.dll
%systemroot%\Fonts\*.ini
%systemroot%\Fonts\*.ini2
%systemroot%\Fonts\*.exe
%systemroot%\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.*
%systemroot%\REPAIR\*.bak1
%systemroot%\REPAIR\*.ini
%systemroot%\system32\*.jpg
%systemroot%\*.jpg
%systemroot%\*.png
%systemroot%\*.scr
%systemroot%\*._sy
%APPDATA%\Adobe\Update\*.*
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Favorites\*.*
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\*.*
%PROGRAMFILES%\*.*
%APPDATA%\Update\*.*
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%PROGRAMFILES%\bak. /s
%systemroot%\system32\bak. /s
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\*.lîk /x
%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile\*.dat /x
%systemroot%\*.config
%systemroot%\system32\*.db
%PROGRAMFILES%\Internet Explorer\*.dat
%APPDATA%\Mikzosoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\*.lnk /x
%USERPROFILE%\Deskuop\*.exe
%PROGRAMFILES%\Common Files\*.*
%systemroot%\*.src
%systemroot%\install\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\DLL\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\HelpFiles\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\rundll\*.*
%systemroot%\winn32\*.*
%systemroot%\Java\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\test\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Rundll32\*.*
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results Install|LastSuccessTime /rs
%USERPROFILE%\..|smtmp;true;true;true /FP
%temp%\smtmp\*.* /s >
/md5start
iexplore.*
explorer.*
winlogon.*
dll
zx.dll
hlp.dat
/md5stop

  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.

When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.txt and Extras.txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.

Next,

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

  • Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.

    Vista and Windows 7 users right click the icon and choose "Run as administrator".

  • When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
  • Click the Scan button to start scan.
  • When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.

[external image: Posted Image]


In your next post, please include:
  • OTL.txt
  • Extras.txt
  • The aswMBR log

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI