Yes, I'm sorry. I haven't any time to run TFC. Besides outside things going on, I need my computer for a lot of things, and some of these programs take forever. I'm going to try to run in here in a little while.
Ok let's see if Norton is causing the problem. We will make sure that Malwarebytes is set as an exclusion for Norton and see if this clears it up.
Please go here and follow the instructions to add Malwarebytes as an exclusion to Norton. The instructions are for Norton 360 but they are very similar. Since you are running a 64bit system, be sure to add the correct files as noted at the end of the instructions.
Once you get that set try to run Malwarebytes again and let me know if that helped.
It's running okay. It hasn't frozen (except when I try to run Malwarebytes, haha). But I haven't left it sitting for extended periods of time either, which is when it freezes most of the time. I'm still getting those popups.
Right-click and Run as Administrator on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
Note:These logs can be located in the OTL. folder on you C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI