Bulladin
Topic Starter
Hello, I been searching around looking for help to solve this irratating problem. but all searches have gone in vain and offtered
little help or none. First before i get the problem i will give details to how i came about it.
I was searching the need for some cool add-ons for world of warcraft. I accidently click a sublink which automatically install
some fake anti-virus i think it was called "anti-virus 2011" or something along those lines. im not exactly sure because I ended the
process to it and use malware-bytes to remove it. malware came up with about 8-10 Trojans. i got rid of all of them.
problem:
Now the problem i have left is when i open my firefox it opens a new tab saying i won some prize and to click here.( i'll give link when im home). also after a bit my computer slow down to where i can barely do anything. if i open tskmanager it show Ping.exe using all resources. if i kill process it will just re-open after a while.
things i've tried for above problem.
Kill process
run malwarebytes
run search and destroy
use ccleaner to fix registry errors
also search the web for fixes couldn't get any help that way.
computer spec:
OS - WinXp media edition
64-bit
2gb ram
I can post additional information as requested
but i can't do that right now. I wont be home untill 2-3pm central
well if all esle fails. Might just re-format
little help or none. First before i get the problem i will give details to how i came about it.
I was searching the need for some cool add-ons for world of warcraft. I accidently click a sublink which automatically install
some fake anti-virus i think it was called "anti-virus 2011" or something along those lines. im not exactly sure because I ended the
process to it and use malware-bytes to remove it. malware came up with about 8-10 Trojans. i got rid of all of them.
problem:
Now the problem i have left is when i open my firefox it opens a new tab saying i won some prize and to click here.( i'll give link when im home). also after a bit my computer slow down to where i can barely do anything. if i open tskmanager it show Ping.exe using all resources. if i kill process it will just re-open after a while.
things i've tried for above problem.
Kill process
run malwarebytes
run search and destroy
use ccleaner to fix registry errors
also search the web for fixes couldn't get any help that way.
computer spec:
OS - WinXp media edition
64-bit
2gb ram
I can post additional information as requested
but i can't do that right now. I wont be home untill 2-3pm central
well if all esle fails. Might just re-format