This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Stuck on "Identifying..." When Trying to Connect to Internet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I think I have a problem with my network adapter. My computer will not let me connect to the internet. When I open my network sharing center, it says that it is connected to the network but it will not connect further on to the internet; it just says "Identifying…(Public network)" When I open up the windows network diagnostics, it says that "there might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer." I try the repair options that it gives me to fix the problem but it always says "Windows tried a repair but problem still exists." I know that it is not a problem with the network because my roommates are able to connect to the internet. I has done this on every network that I have tried to connect to. The signal strength is very good yet this continues to occur. Is there anything that I can do so that I can connect to the internet? Thanks, Shawnae

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI