This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Kernal Data Inpage Error

31 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Good Call, Essexboy. Thank you.

Rappy99,

If Essexboy's solution does the trick, then you're done, though may need to give additional attention to security settings.
That AVAST feature "should" work without otherwise crippling your machine.
___________________

If not, then let's have another look at your Display adapter.
Your minidump is suggesting a problem with the nVidia Driver.

Uninstall the nVidia driver and then use Driver Cleaner to remove only any remnants of nVidia driver.

Install the latest nVidia driver.
________________________

If still no joy, physically remove the graphics driver card, clean and re-seat it.
________________________

If still no joy, go to Control Panel - Display to progressively decrease Hardware Accelleration.

Start - Control Panel - Display Settings(tab) Advanced(button -Troubleshooting(tab)

From the Troubleshoot panel, adjust the Hardware Acceleration one-notch-at-a-time and run the machine for a while to test to see if BSOD continues to appear.
If BSOD, then go back to Display Troubleshoot panel and adjust Hardware Acceleration to the left one-more-notch, and retest. Continue progressively reducing Hardware Acceleration until free from BSOD.
_____________________________

If still no joy, then an older nVidia driver may work. Selecting older nVidia driver will be on a try-it-and-see basis to check for results.

Keep us posted.
I disabled the behavior shield and it seems that the issue with the interrupts is still the same. I didn't see the page 3 post. I will work on those things Doug.
It's great that the solution provided by Essexboy caused such noticeable improvement. However, it seems you are still having "symptoms" of delayed/lagging typing. The problem, overall, suggests that a process is consuming resources beyond ordinary expectations. Most likely, the problem is that a driver for a process is missing, corrupt or the wrong version. High on my suspect list would be the nVidia graphics adapter. Let us know. Hopefully you will continue to experience progress toward solution.

That AVAST feature "should" work without otherwise crippling your machine.

The issue I have with this statement is that I have been using Avast! for over a year with this feature turned on and it's never been an issue. The spikes stopped for a bit when I turned it off, but it resumed a short while later. I am still getting the huge fluctuations now while typing this. I haven't had time today to run through the rest of what you have suggested. I will work on them tomorrow when I have the time and report back then.

It's great that the solution provided by Essexboy caused such noticeable improvement.

It seems that that was only temporary. :(

-Rappy
It was noticed on the Avast forum that on a very few systems behaviour shield caused a similar problem but they were unable to pin down the reason for it
I am having issues removing all remnants of the nVidia drivers. Driver Sweeper keeps 'Not Responding' while running it's task to clean the drivers. I chose to backup using Driver Sweeper then manually went to the files/registry edits to remove the entries. There was originally 20+ listed. Some would not be removed. For instance, deleting some of these files wouldn't work. Somehow, Windows simply re-created the files after they were deleted. The registry keys I couldn't get rid of simply gave an error saying 'Could not be deleted'. Here's a list of what Driver Sweeper states still exists and needs cleaning. I can not manually get rid of these. If I have, for instance, c:\windows\system32 and do a search for nv*.*, when Driver Sweeper is running, I can see the driver removed from the list… then a few seconds later show back up. c:\windows\system32\nv4_disp.dll c:\windows\system32\dllcache\nv4_mini.sys c:\windows\system32\dllcache\nv4_disp.sys c:\windows\system32\drivers\nv4_mini.sys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_NVSVC\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_NVSVC\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\NvCplDaemon HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\NvMediaCenter Currently, when I boot up, it gives errors saying it can't find nVidia files to run. The uninstall should have taken care of that, but obviously didn't. I can't tell you how the system is running because I don't know if this is without driver issues or not. As of right now, the display is choppy. For instance, when I move a window, the refresh rate while moving is horrendous; very choppy. It seems that Process Explorer still claims that Interrupts are consuming quite a bit of resources, but it could be because these drivers aren't completely removed. At this point, I am not sure which is which. I don't want to reinstall the drivers until I hear from you because I don't want that to further complicate matters.
After reading a bit online, I saw people recommending running drive cleaners in Safe Mode. I rebooted in Safe Mode and was able to remove the drivers without a hitch. Driver Sweeper still had an issue removing the two RUN entries, but I was able to manually remove them with no issues. Driver Sweeper currently says no nVidia files are installed, so I will be installing the new drivers now.
I am monitoring the interrupts now while I am typing and I don't see the typical spikes every other second. There is a rare spike every so often, but nothing consistent. Interrupts are around 10-20% (I don't know if this is normal, but it's better than the former 50% before the change). The video seems to 'refresh' much smoother and faster now. I am not convinced this issue is completely in the clear and will be reporting back with updates over the next few days. For now, it seems fine. Any other suggestions I should entertain?
I'd prefer to let it have an extended test-drive before attempting any more changes. If the machine is now performing and continues to perform satisfactorily, then we will follow the Prime Directive… Prime Directive: "If it ain't broke, don't be fixin' on it." Otherwise, and if not, we can have another look for other culprits.
It seems that the interrupts jump whenever programs access the Hard Drive either by writing to it or reading from it (opening programs, etc). It's possible the issue with Firefox was caused when I had quite a bit of tabs open when editing here because of Firefoxes inert backups in case of a crash to save your open tabs (the more open, the more it has to write to the HD every so often to ensure they are saved to be open next run). Currently, I only have 5 tabs open (as opposed to 30 or so normally) so the HD write process isn't as much as it was before (with Firefox holding "Restore session" data from all the blue screens). This is all speculative, but seems to be the case. When I open a program, the interrupts spike to 50% the entire time it's opening and renders pretty much anything else going on at the time useless.

When I open a program, the interrupts spike to 50% the entire time it's opening and renders pretty much anything else going on at the time useless.


Does this seem "unusual" to you, in perspective of prior performance?
I never monitored the interrupts previous to the general slow down and blue screens… so I can't really answer that. I am just mentioning I notice that it spikes when the system slows to a crawl. For the most part, now, it seems the interrupt spikes seem 'normal'. I agree with what you said though about the extended test drive. I will report back tomorrow afternoon about how the system is handling.
yes the more tabs you have open(30 is a very large number to have open, in my opinion) the slower your pc seems, this is because like you said, it is using more of the pc's resources, memory, cpu, etc. any tabs that may have flash content in them will also greatly increase the amount of cpu %age used. flash uses a lot of cpu power, just open a flash game/youtube video in a separate tab and you'll see the cpu %age jump dramatically and stay high even if you navigate to another tab with no flash content. i think dougs advice to re-install the video driver tho should fix your bsd's with any luck. :popcorn:
Typically, I have 10+ tabs open in FF at any given time (Currently 8, but I'm not doing any projects). I never had an issue until 2 weeks ago. I play an online game, Aion, and the 'lag' is so bad there when I try to play now that I just can't play. It's nothing to do with internet lag. The CPU is so preoccupied doing other things that the game doesn't get allotted enough CPU to update properly and it results in very choppy gameplay. Updating the video card drivers has seem to stop the blue screens, but there are still lingering issues causing general slowdown that I can't seem to pinpoint. I used to run Aion for hours at a time with no issues, now I can't stand to play for 10 minutes because I can't get anywhere.
maybe the problem is not with any programs using all your cpu but like you mentioned early just slow hard drive access, from the graphs you've posted you have a dual core cpu and even when 1 core is being used at 50% there should be plenty of cpu power in reserve so you wouldn't notice any slowdowns. you mentioned having page file partitions on multiple drives, so be interested to know exactly how much memory you have and how your drives are partitioned along with how much free space is left on each partition. :popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI