Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Computer Bootup Is Slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lauren32

lauren32

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:24 PM

Hey Guys, How's it going. I got one slight problem these days. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition and recently while I have been turning on my computer I have been noticing that it takes a much longer time that usual to boot up. Is there any way that I can make this faster/get it back to par? I got a 1.5Ghz Celeron, so my computer isn't too slow, I have just noticed that it takes waaaay too long to boot up these days. Any advice would be great. Thanks for your help!! Lauren

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:31 PM

Hi Lauren32-
Theres a couplke things you might want to try. One, run your disk clean up utility. Specially if havent run it in awhile. Also run your defrag app... a clean comp makes for quicker comp. Two, Blackviper.com is the best place to go to "tune up" windows XP..BUT MAKE SURE AND FOLLOW HIS INSTRUCTIONS...three, look at your system tray... were the clock is... have alot of icons there..? If so then then you probably need to close the ones you dont use. The most efficient way to do this is through each application itself. (right click on the icon or simply open it and go to its options or prefferences and turn off "place icon in system tray") if you cant find that option in the program itself, then click on start/ run/ type msconfig and under the startup tab you can uncheck the items unwanted to run at startup. Now if you go that route, keep in mind that your only keeping the application from starting at boot... your not uninstalling or deleting anything. So if you uncheck some thing that you shouldnt, simply go back and recheck it..

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 lauren32

lauren32

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:53 AM

Crow, Thanks a lot for your advice, I will definitely do all that stuff. Thanks for your help!! lauren