This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Service Control Manager Error 7026

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, everyone. I am not really sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes. Well, I am in real strife. I am asking for help as a last resort because I just can't solve my problem alone. My problem started a couple of days ago, and I cannot use my computer at all in normal start-up mode. The error that is reported in the event viewer is in the title of this thread. The description accompanying the error message follows: The following boot start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: AmdK8 AvgLdx86 AvgMfx86 Fips In addition I am getting a blue screen STOP error 0x000000EA when I reboot normally. It reports that the problem file is nv4_disp. I should add that I had this exact same problem a year or two ago. The solution at that time was as simple as changing some setting (or perhaps a single registry value - I can't remember). I found that solution on the Internet somewhere, and I have spent around 12 hours trying to find wherever I found it last time. My point is that, on that occasion, there was nothing wrong with my video card/display adapter (NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT) as many of the threads on the Internet regarding this problem suggest. Can anyone please help?
Hiya pcneedsexpert, With the excellent help you have received from Lee, has what he offered fixed your problem, my thoughts on this is leading me to think a driver issue or a hardware problem. Please let us know the status, thanks. Jimbo1

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI