Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

MS Office 32bit v 64bit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

Experienced Opinion wanted. Office 2010 Pro 32bit vs. 64bit Machine will be running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Dell Laptop Latitude e6500 Your opinions are requested
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

Here are some negatives re 64bit from MS tech net and PC World
http://technet.micro...y/ee681792.aspx
http://www.pcworld.c...ortcomings.html

I'll be staying with 32bit

#3 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

Experienced Opinion wanted.

Office 2010 Pro 32bit vs. 64bit

Machine will be running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Dell Laptop Latitude e6500

Your opinions are requested

Doug do you have the machine set up 64 bit yet or that is what your going to do. Because I have Office 2010 32bit, but going to order my parts today and was plan on installing Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit also on my desktop due to the fact the system will have 6 GB of ram installed in it.

I have 7 32 bit Ultimate on my Laptop with Office 2010 32 also and so far of using it for the church with PP, Excel for the Budget and Word Docs and using Publisher I had no hiccup's as of yet. So as for me I love the Office 2010 version and my thought were should I do the 64 or stick with the 32 version of it. From the read my gut feeling is to stick with the 32 bit version.

Jimbo1

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

For what its worth I'm advising my customers to use 32bit Office I can see no real advantage for them in installing Office 64 bit at this time Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate