This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Passwords sometimes not asterisks

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello - Sometimes when I type my passwords into forms, sometimes they don't display as asterisks initially. Either nothing is displayed or they show up initially as vertical lines. When this does hapen, most of the time they eventually render as asterisks. I have been chalking this up to maybe my computer is busy or slowed due to new slower wireless network. However, I found a file called service.exe in one of my folders and I do not know what it is, which made me suspcious. Also one day a while back I clicked on the wrong website and it turned out to be one of those popups that then try to force you to install something by not giving you another option. This seemed to be just before the weird password type-in installed inccoredtly. Attached is a copy the results of running HijackThis. Also, just to note that I have shut down most of my processes, but I see a number of odd programs still running in my list of processes in Windows Task Mgr. Thank you fo for any help you can provide.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI