I was wondering if you might answer an issue I have been working on without much success and much frustration.
I have a good number of classic movies on VHS, but get error messages (the error message reads 'cannot make copy, E25) when I try to dub many of them onto DVD on my Toshiba DVD/VHS combo DVR 670KU machine, though many of my old movies are able to be dubbed. My research tells me that the copy-protection (probably ‘Macrovision’) is preventing many of them from being able to be preserved on DVD for my personal use.
Should you have any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.
If you go to page 38 it essentially shows that an E25 error is there to protect the original copyright of the VHS. Even though it's probably not copyrighted any more, it is still protected from unauthorised distribution.
As far as I know there is no way around this and here at the WTT forums we have a strong policy against circumventing copyright.
If you're desperate to have these movies on DVD, my only real advice is to use something like Amazon to track down authorised DVD releases.
Cheers,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI