This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Cant Uninstall C Media Audio driver

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, I can't remove c-media wdm audio driver, from. I have tried just about everything any help?? Regards Free
Hello free, Sorry to hear you're having problems. Have you got a C-Media audio card plugged in at the moment? If you're trying to install a newer driver, have you tried installing that first? It should uninstall the old driver for you. Cheers,
Hey Nahumi, I don't think I have a C-Media card plugged in? What I did was, update my driver with a program called Driver Robot, that listed the new update of C-Media Ac97 WDM Audio driver. Which I installed, but i didnt like it so I rolled back to my older version Audio driver which is listed as SIS 7012 Audio Wave?? I will try to do what you said, other than that what should i do?? Cheers Free
There's a couple of other options that you could try.

One of the easiest may be to use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the drivers and software. If the default C-Media uninstaller is broken, Revo Uninstaller will track down any relevant files and registry entries and delete them for you. Download from the link below : (NOTE : Revo Uninstaller may change your registry. Use at your own discretion.)

http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-pr…nal-version.php

Secondly, you could uninstall the driver through Device Manager. Go to your Start Menu, click Run and type "devmgmt.msc". Open up the 'Sound, video and Game Controllers' entry and you should see the C-Media device. Simply right-click and uninstall it.


Chances are, reinstalling the SIS audio driver will just replace the C-Media one. I would suggest trying that first before trying the other two methods.
Hey Nahumi, I had another question for you, I have another problem with opening up device manager?? I get a mmc.exe can not be found, make sure you typed the name correctly?? I have tried numerous posts, on this website and others and know one really can help! Could you help me with this at all, Regards Free
Ah yeah, I forgot about those topics. My suggestion is to wait for Ztruker to come back on the newest topic. Once the mmc.exe problem is solved, we can try and fix this driver issue. Ztruker is the most qualified to help you in this area and I'd probably just confuse things more by trying to help you on the current topic. Cheers,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI