Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cant Uninstall C Media Audio driver

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 free

free

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:47 AM

Hey, I can't remove c-media wdm audio driver, from. I have tried just about everything any help?? Regards Free

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:10 AM

Hello free, Sorry to hear you're having problems. Have you got a C-Media audio card plugged in at the moment? If you're trying to install a newer driver, have you tried installing that first? It should uninstall the old driver for you. Cheers,
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..

#3 free

free

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hey Nahumi, I don't think I have a C-Media card plugged in? What I did was, update my driver with a program called Driver Robot, that listed the new update of C-Media Ac97 WDM Audio driver. Which I installed, but i didnt like it so I rolled back to my older version Audio driver which is listed as SIS 7012 Audio Wave?? I will try to do what you said, other than that what should i do?? Cheers Free

#4 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
    Software Development

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:41 AM

There's a couple of other options that you could try.

One of the easiest may be to use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the drivers and software. If the default C-Media uninstaller is broken, Revo Uninstaller will track down any relevant files and registry entries and delete them for you. Download from the link below : (NOTE : Revo Uninstaller may change your registry. Use at your own discretion.)

http://www.revounins...nal-version.php

Secondly, you could uninstall the driver through Device Manager. Go to your Start Menu, click Run and type "devmgmt.msc". Open up the 'Sound, video and Game Controllers' entry and you should see the C-Media device. Simply right-click and uninstall it.

Chances are, reinstalling the SIS audio driver will just replace the C-Media one. I would suggest trying that first before trying the other two methods.
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr

#5 free

free

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:59 AM

Hey Nahumi, Cool thanks for the advice I will give it a shot, and let you know! Cheers Free

#6 free

free

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

Hey Nahumi, I had another question for you, I have another problem with opening up device manager?? I get a mmc.exe can not be found, make sure you typed the name correctly?? I have tried numerous posts, on this website and others and know one really can help! Could you help me with this at all, Regards Free

#7 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
    Software Development

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:29 AM

Ah yeah, I forgot about those topics. My suggestion is to wait for Ztruker to come back on the newest topic. Once the mmc.exe problem is solved, we can try and fix this driver issue. Ztruker is the most qualified to help you in this area and I'd probably just confuse things more by trying to help you on the current topic. Cheers,
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr

#8 free

free

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

Yeah Okay that's cool! No Worries Cheers