Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Event ID: 1000 Microsoft Office 11

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loharris

loharris

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

Excel stops responding and user gets the error that Excel is Recovering Documents. This is the only user experiencing this issue. This entry is logged in Event Manager:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Microsoft Office 11
Event Category:	None
Event ID:						 1000
Date:		5/16/2011
Time:		2:28:37 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	S032
Description:

Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.8332.0, stamp 4d322eed, faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.8332.0, stamp 4d322eed, debug? 0, fault address 0x00260db4

After troubleshooting for a month or so I gave up and set up a different computer for this employee to use. After about 10 days the issue reappeared.

The machine is a Dell Precision 380, OS is Windows XP Pro running Office 2003 Professional sp3. The files are located on the network on a Windows 2008 File and Print Server. I have not found a lot of informaton concerning this error for Excel, but have followed some advice I have seen for when this happens with Word. I have repaired office, deleted and reinstalled printer drivers, disabled add-ins, deleted temporary files, and tried deleting the toolbar customization file.

After swapping out the workstation and getting the same error, I started looking at possible permission issues as well as network connectivity. I don't think either of these are the problem since it only happens with Excel documents.

Additional information: The user account had at one time been removed from Active Directory and recreated. I don't know that this has anything to do with the error, the user claims that this issue has been happening for a long time, even before she left and came back to work. The error seems to pop-up indiscriminately, during saves, entering information, and at times when there isn't even a file open, although Excel is open. The Office 2007 Compatibility Pack is installed. Most files were originally created using Office 2003, however some files could have been created using Office 2007 and saved in the 2003 format. We have some users with Office 2007 that access the files, all users have the default set to save files as 2003.

We do not use roaming profiles, but do redirect the user's files to the file and print server.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Lori

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

Upgrade to Office 2010. Seriously, Office 2003 has a ton of problems with network shares, roaming profiles, etc. I suggest clearing out recent documents folder. It tends to get really full with a lot of network files that cause issues. I disable the feature all together with some registry tweaks so nothing is saved in recent documents. Its found in doc & settings\user\application data\microsoft\office\recent Just delete the contents of the folder. Also, go into add/remove programs, choose to show updates, look for any updates installed within the last week or two that pertain to Office. You know Microsoft likes to release them patches that break things. There's a good chance some recent update gets applied and causes the issue.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 loharris

loharris

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for the reply Apploddity. I deleted the recent files as you suggested. I'll have to wait to see if that makes a difference. Lori