This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

new sticks fitted started crashing again

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. i started a thread a while ago, 'google earth crashes'

i was working through a problem, and it transpired that i needed to change m y RAM sticks and to fit an optical drive.

Now I did this, fitted two new 1Gb sticks. Worked a treat or a while, however the blue wall has come back. I have tried to take all the sticks, replacing in different configurations, and disconnected the optical drive. It is still blue walling with the error ,STOP:0x0000007E (0x0000005,0x006B636F,0xF78E2918,0xF78E2614)

I can put up details if necerssary however, reading through my original thread wil give a through picture.

Any help or pointers please?

techcurve

Previous thread: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…=116642&hl=

Reason for edit: add link from previous thread
Hey mate,

You could try running a Memtest

http://www.memtest.org/

It might find if the memory is the issue. I haven't used it myself so I cannot give you a proper walkthrough but I am sure others here probably have.

-Daniel
Thanks fpr the response guys. I'm not sure how to proceed??..I cannot get past the BSOD…….It attempts to start, I nearly get to the start up, but it goes to the BSOD. However I do have access to another computer. I could download something on that, to a USB stick maybe and plug it into my computer to do something….. I'm not sure what to do next..Is there a way to get my computer to start bypassing the BSOD, to download the software suggest to test, or do I need to use the other computer? techcurve
Can you post the entire details of the BSOD? Can you boot into SAFE Mode? Did you Download and create the Windows Memory Diagnostic? Did you run it? If not, then use the other computer to create the Windows Memory Diagnostic, and then Run it on the problematic machine. In my mind, (and until further info from complete details of the BSOD) I would think that the most likely culprit is a corrupted Video Driver. If you are able to Boot into SAFE Mode, you can have downloaded the Video Driver by using the other machine, and then replace it on the problematic machine.
Also, if you can get to the Safe Mode screen, try VGA mode which uses the default video driver and not the one installed. If that works then download and install the latest video driver for your computer from the Dell web site: Dimension E510

If you're not sure what video you have, download and run System Information For Windows (SIW). Scroll down to the Old SIW 2010 (build 0714) - Freeware Version and download that.

Collapse the Software section and expand the Hardware section and look at video to see what is installed. You can do this from Safe mode with networking or normal boot in VGA mode.
Ok. Doug: I'm not at the computer right now, but from memory, the entire BSOD read something like, 'if this is the first time etc etc……..check to see if there is enough disk space or drivers are updated,…. then it says the STOP: ( and then it gives the coding I printed at the top of the page. (I can type in, word for word whats written, later on, if it helps). Can I get into SAFE MODE? No I cannot. It gives me the option to do so, I choose it and after a while of attempting to boot, up pops the BSOD. I will download Windows Memory Diagnostic' and try to run it on my prob machine, however my main prob at the moment is that i cannot get past the BSOD to do anything, not even in SAFE mode. You think it maybe the video driver, I reckon you could be on to it there. It crashed whilst watching iplayer… So as you can see I cannot get past the BSOD, no matter I do at the moment. :pullhair: Ztrucker: I'm unable to run any tests at the moment
Yes please do include the alphanumeric coding from the BSOD. The Windows Memory Diagnostic runs from the CD that you create, and operates "Pre-Windows", meaning that the machine does not have to boot into the operating system. Therefore you should be able to run it. If you cannot, please let us know.
windows memory diagnostic. Downloaded. It came in a RAR file. unzipped and burn image CD. Having a little trouble running it . I 've gone into BIOS and tried to set the CDROM to come on first. It would only allow me to boot SGA drive first. It also said my cdrom wasn,t present? However this is what I have done. Pressed to turn macine on. Gave me an option , F2 (to enter setup) or F12 (to enter boot device) A - flashed in the top left hand corner of screen for a short while, then a screen appeared saying: Boot Device Menu Onboard SAGA Hardrive Hard Drive diagnostics +System setup +Hard Drive diagnostics +Boot To Utility Partition I clicked on hard drive diag……..It ran for a while and then said: error auto-sensing primary hard disk drive Drive 0: WDC WD1600JS-&%NCB1-PASS Drive 1: No device Drive 2: It is still running. Its been going for a long time, however it won't let leave the page. Whatever button I press it beeps. Next pointers please…….
ok…..it has finished scanningnow, and it is reading Drive 2: error attempting diagnostics Drive 3: No Device It then offered to re boot. I did so in safe mode and up came the BSOD techcurve
How many drives do you have? The diagnostic you ran indicates there was an error on Drive 2.

Can you post a screen shot of your Disk Management screen please. Expand it enough so all drives (hard or optical) are shown. Should look something like this (I have 3 hard drives and 1 optical drive).

📎DiskManagementScreen.jpg

To open Disk Management, press Winkkey+r, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO.

Vista and Windows 7: How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums (says it's for Vista but also works with Win 7).

XP: CAPTURE - How to capture screen images (screen shots), Windows Made Easy

UPLOAD IMAGE - How to upload into your thread, Windows Made Easy
thanks for getting back to me ztrucker. i'm trying to access disk management. Trying to find this Winkkey r Do I type this in somewhere? If so where? I'm unable to access windows at all, not even in safe mode. I can get into setup but no further, it shows me the BSOD. techcurve

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI