bobthebuilder11
Topic Starter
Hi All,
Recently, seemingly random things have been happening with my computer from the message Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. which sometimes causes sound to stop and requires reboot of PC before IE can be used, to new tabs in IE not opening, to the most alarming of all—> my PC requiring Activation of Windows XP Home within 3 days, (although no new hardware has recently been put on) and then if i try to activate i get a blank Windows Activation Screen.
I have <2 days left!!
From what I gather, Windows becomes inoperable at the end of the 2 days (safety mode only), and if i have to re-install XP I will lose all my data!
It doesn't make sense, coz I've used this XP (bought legitimately) for almost six years with never an issue, but now that other things are playing up on my computer, Windows mysteriously asks me to re-activate? It does this every time i log on.
Since it's Easter and the holidays till next Wed, I can't call Microsoft or my tech support guy and my `days left to activate' will expire before then, I've posted my HIJACKTHIS log below and urgent assistance would be much appreciated.
Recently, seemingly random things have been happening with my computer from the message Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. which sometimes causes sound to stop and requires reboot of PC before IE can be used, to new tabs in IE not opening, to the most alarming of all—> my PC requiring Activation of Windows XP Home within 3 days, (although no new hardware has recently been put on) and then if i try to activate i get a blank Windows Activation Screen.
I have <2 days left!!
From what I gather, Windows becomes inoperable at the end of the 2 days (safety mode only), and if i have to re-install XP I will lose all my data!
It doesn't make sense, coz I've used this XP (bought legitimately) for almost six years with never an issue, but now that other things are playing up on my computer, Windows mysteriously asks me to re-activate? It does this every time i log on.
Since it's Easter and the holidays till next Wed, I can't call Microsoft or my tech support guy and my `days left to activate' will expire before then, I've posted my HIJACKTHIS log below and urgent assistance would be much appreciated.