This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Chrome Collapse part 2

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Welp, in the evenings I'm experiencing problems. I use Google Chrome and Adblock will crash, an google chrome will follow. Once it starts doing it's crash I try to restart which clears things up till next evening, but.. logonui.exe will start then hang. It wont progress unless I end task on it.

Here is all the help Tomk has provided: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…mp;#entry725644

Kinda out of ideas now.
Looking at the malware thread, I see these two entries that I don't understand and can't find any info on: S3 cpuz130;cpuz130;\??\c:\docume~1\dolore~1\locals~1\temp\cpuz130\cpuz_x32.sys –> c:\docume~1\dolore~1\locals~1\temp\cpuz130\cpuz_x32.sys [?] S3 dciiodrv;dciiodrv;c:\windows\system32\drivers\dciiodrv.sys [2011-3-29 2944] I'll ask Tomk about them. Did you try IE or FireFox and do you have similar problems or not? I did not see in the malware thread where you said if you did or not.
After Google crashed I did try bringing up IE and it was very laggy. Like the page would load and then stop processing. I'm trying Firefox now and will know tonight if I experience another crash.
well, using firefox I didn't get a crash last night. Things did get really laggy at 1 point and I restarted fine. I just don't get what's up with google chrome crashing like that and then logonui.exe hanging. I've been removing stuff, we went thru and scrubbed out any malware or bad things.. and yet, crash. I just dunno.
What is Adblock? You mentioned it in your first post. Is it an add-on to Chrome? If so, try disabling or removing it, see if that helps.
yes, it's a chrome extension and I did uninstall it. Tried without using Adblock, tried using Adaware(I think it was called). Still would crash. Even reinstalled chrome.. updated Java and Flash. And the fact that it only crashed in the evenings is also weird. I use the netbook anywhere from noon till 4am, but between 6pm - 9pm it will crash. But, I don't see anything set to take place or run.
only constant error comes when I restart…

[bEvent Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1013
Date: 4/19/2011
Time: 10:50:23 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: EEEPC
Description:
Product: InstallMgr – AlreadyInstalled

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 7b 39 38 31 37 37 39 34 {9817794
0008: 30 2d 43 30 34 38 2d 34 0-C048-4
0010: 38 33 31 2d 41 32 37 39 831-A279
0018: 2d 46 33 38 38 38 42 31 -F3888B1
0020: 45 32 43 37 46 7d E2C7F}


Everything else is the odd hang error from this an that. Only one of those was chrome. Other times were games and what not. I had looked in event viewer before trying to see if there was anything popping. but nothing that I saw. the msi error has happened for months from what I can see. The google crashing started.. uh… week or 2 ago now.
No, I agree it doesn't seem to have anything to do with your Chrome problem.

I'm out of ides, so I would suggest registering and posting in the Crashes - Google Chrome Help forum, see if anyone there can help.

When you do figure it out, post the fix here or a link to your thread there, thanks.
Funny.. running both Chrome and Firefox, Chrome crashes but Firefox is fine. Close and reload, Chrome still crashes. However, if I bring up the restart menu it won't fully load. If i reload Chrome the address bar is transparent. Need a google account to post on their page.
complete uninstall yesterday, even made sure nothing was left in appdata folder. reinstalled, no crash last night.. Running just chrome today to see.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI