Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

my net book built in camera is upside down

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 colinvansmith

colinvansmith

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hiya, I'm having problems with my built in webcam, my brother recently moved to Holland and the only way we can really communicate is by skype. When I open it my camera turns on the image of me is upside down, i've tried playing with various settings but can't seem to fix it.. I'm not sure if it has been like this from new as this is the first time I have used the camera. Does anyone know how to fix this as its driving my brother insane looking at my chin whilst we are talking. I have an Asus Eee pc 904HD Colin ;)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

sorry i don't know where or exactly what it'll be called but you will find something that says flip video you'll need to find and put a tick/x in the box, then the video will be the right way up. :popcorn:

#3 colinvansmith

colinvansmith

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

my camera is called usb device # 4 even though it is a built in camera and when i open the folder where the camera is stored there is no such function to flip the camera the other way up i have tried. i have attached pictures of the screen so you can see what i mean. when i click any of the options at the top e.g file, tools etc. it gives me normal folder options but no camera options colin :)

Attached Files

#4 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:06 AM

ok lets uninstall the camera reboot and let it find the latest driver and see if that fixes it. Click Start, input Device Manager in the search box, find your camera, uninstall it. then reboot. :popcorn:

#5 colinvansmith

colinvansmith

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

i searched as instructed didn't find anything also surely if it did and i uninstalled it when i rebooted there would be no camera drivers on my computer, then where would i get them as this is a notebook with no cd drive so i wasnt supplied with any driver disks when i bought it and i've already searched online for camera drivers to no avail colin :)

#6 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:55 PM

on reboot the operating system will see the camera as new hardware and automatically find and install drivers from microsofts list for it, if it didn't find any(unlikely but possible) then you'd need to go to the manufacturers site(i'm assuming it's an asus) and download the driver from there. in device manager, find the camera, you said it's a usb device, then right click on it and click uninstall. then reboot. :popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 13 April 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#7 colinvansmith

colinvansmith

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

what i meant is when i searched for device manager it never found device manager colin :)

#8 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

ok lets start with the basics, can you tell me the operating system your using, and the make and model of the notebook.

i think you have xp so this is how you get to device manager..

Click on Start - Settings - Control Panel
Double click on System
Click on the Hardware tab at the top of the System Properties page
Click on Device Manager

:- http://www.technical...k/kb/devman.php

#9 colinvansmith

colinvansmith

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

hiya sorry for the late reply i was pulled away for a week with work. i done what you said and uninsatlled and rebooted etc. when i start my camera up now the little light goes on to say the cameras on but its just a black picture colin :(

#10 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

can you tell me what the make and model is of the laptop then we can go to the manufacturer's site and make sure your using the latest driver. also what software are you using to test the camera and can you use something else for example windows messenger if you have it installed. :popcorn:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

it might also be worth uninstalling the software for the webcam and restarting the pc then re-installing it to see if that fixes the problem. :popcorn:

#12 colinvansmith

colinvansmith

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

hi its an asus eeepc 904hd i tried my camera using skype but no avail. when i uninstall it, when i reboot it automatically reinstalls i think ( its pops up saying found new hardware etc0 so not sure how to do a computer restore without this happening colin :)

#13 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

can you go here to the asus site :- http://support.asus....a...e=en&type=1

and use the model automatic detection button and see what updates/drivers it recommends.

:popcorn:

#14 colinvansmith

colinvansmith

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

hi when i click the button for it to automatically find my model it doesn't find it, when i put it in manually it doesn't reccomentd any drivers, and when i navigate to the downloads sectoin i can't find any drivers for the camera. colin :)

#15 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:27 AM

i couldn't find any drivers either, that's why i was hoping running the auto mode might offer some or at least recommending updating the camera utility.
lets try doing what i call a hard reboot first and it that doesn't work we'll try updating the ECap utility.

first remove the power cable from it, then remove the battery, next press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds, reconnect everything and see if it works now.

if not find out what version of ECap you have installed then from this link under Utilities :- http://support.asus....qg63iYgWDyHTInv
download and run the correct uninstall utility for it,
then download and run the latest version ECap V1.014.

:popcorn: