This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Malware and Trojan threat

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have recently been helped on this website to get rid of a fake virus removal tool and I followed all of the instructions and upgraded all of my security to the recommended levels. Yesterday my AV (avast) strated warning me of Malware and Trojan threats on almost every webpage I tried to open, including this one. They are called HTML:script-inf and HTML:RedirME-inf. I ran my avast scanner and deleted over 250 infected files, I also ran the boot-time scan which seemed to delete a lot of files. Following this I ran Malwarebytes which said I was clear. I still get the threat warnings when I open any webpage. I recently downloaded IE9 through my normal windows auto updates. Any help appreciated

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI