I've seen spyware logs and hijack logs, but I can't make heads or tails out of them.
I've been looking around the Web, and saw C:\Program Files\CASIO\Photo Loader\Plauto.exe with a reference to spyware, including on this very site, but I don't know what it all means.
Could someone dumb it down for me?
If it is spyware, what damage if any would it be doing to my system?
AVG just picked up a virus, but I've been downloading multimedia freeware all this week.
SVHOST.EXE - 6/11/2004
96WU1RD.EXE - 7/3/2004
Neither can heal.
I forgot, I have an advertisement generator Spy Sweeper doesn't recognize, and I don't know how to get it out of the PC!
Look for Phage, 911, Vapor, and Palm.Liberty.A in Casio's program.
Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT.
Download HijackThis into this folder.
Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT.
Download HijackThis into this folder.
Click "Scan".
DO NOT "FIX" ANYTHING WITH IT YET!!!
FIXING THE WRONG THING COULD RENDER YOUR SYSTEM INOPERABLE!!!
Click "Save log".
Reply to this thread, and post the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the log file into this thread.
I don't like online scans 'cause I get the feeling the scans are spyware themselves.
HijackThis! is a good program which I downloaded upon recommendation, but every time I look at the tutorial (which has already been dumbed down for newbies), I'm so intimitated by everything, and it's so beyond my I've never even used it once.
I like to use Spy Sweeper instead, even if I don't upgrade regurelarly.
Can I upgrade Spy Sweeper and show you my logs?
Technically, I suppose this should be in the "Virus and Trojan Removal" forum.
I don't have or use Spysweeper, so I won't be any good at all there.
I've only used Hijack This! and most of the other tools applied in this forum. Unfortunately, Spysweeper isn't among them.