Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Photo Loader

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 New Raider

New Raider

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:14 AM

I've seen spyware logs and hijack logs, but I can't make heads or tails out of them. I've been looking around the Web, and saw C:\Program Files\CASIO\Photo Loader\Plauto.exe with a reference to spyware, including on this very site, but I don't know what it all means. Could someone dumb it down for me? If it is spyware, what damage if any would it be doing to my system? AVG just picked up a virus, but I've been downloading multimedia freeware all this week. SVHOST.EXE - 6/11/2004 96WU1RD.EXE - 7/3/2004 Neither can heal. I forgot, I have an advertisement generator Spy Sweeper doesn't recognize, and I don't know how to get it out of the PC! :rant2: Look for Phage, 911, Vapor, and Palm.Liberty.A in Casio's program.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:27 AM

A couple of infections that use "svhost.exe"

http://securityrespo...r.socksbot.html

http://uk.trendmicro...e=WORM_SDBOT.GF

Online virus scanners/removers:

Trend-Micro:
http://housecall.tre.../start_corp.asp

Panda:
http://www.pandasoft...n_principal.htm

Etrust:
http://www3.ca.com/s...sinfo/scan.aspx

Reboot after each scan.

Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT.
Download HijackThis into this folder.

If required a tutorial is here = Hijackthis Folder Tutorial

Run Hijack This!

Click "Scan".

DO NOT "FIX" ANYTHING WITH IT YET!!!
FIXING THE WRONG THING COULD RENDER YOUR SYSTEM INOPERABLE!!!

Click "Save log".

Reply to this thread, and post the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the log file into this thread.

:)

Edited by Micah_6:8, 05 July 2004 - 10:31 AM.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 New Raider

New Raider

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:51 AM

Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT.
Download HijackThis into this folder.

If required a tutorial is here = Hijackthis Folder Tutorial

Run Hijack This!

Click "Scan".

DO NOT "FIX" ANYTHING WITH IT YET!!!
FIXING THE WRONG THING COULD RENDER YOUR SYSTEM INOPERABLE!!!

Click "Save log".

Reply to this thread, and post the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the log file into this thread.

:)

I don't like online scans 'cause I get the feeling the scans are spyware themselves.
HijackThis! is a good program which I downloaded upon recommendation, but every time I look at the tutorial (which has already been dumbed down for newbies), I'm so intimitated by everything, and it's so beyond my I've never even used it once.
I like to use Spy Sweeper instead, even if I don't upgrade regurelarly.
Can I upgrade Spy Sweeper and show you my logs?

Lastly, is this the right forum for spyware logs?

#4 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:28 PM

Technically, I suppose this should be in the "Virus and Trojan Removal" forum. I don't have or use Spysweeper, so I won't be any good at all there. I've only used Hijack This! and most of the other tools applied in this forum. Unfortunately, Spysweeper isn't among them. :)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#5 New Raider

New Raider

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:34 PM

Edited by New Raider, 06 July 2004 - 04:46 PM.