This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Luddite needs 2 way sound.

27 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok….The ram thing is impossible. You must trust me on this. Anything that is not 100% free is impossible. So lets not go there anymore. I must manage with what I've got here. ____________ Here is what happened today with the skype call from my friend. I had forgotten I even it had it online - from when Nahumi was taking me through the sound test yesterday. So my friend saw I was online and called. At first I could not answer, it just kept ringing, so we began to type back and forth in the text window instead. I told her I was having sound issues and could not answer the call. While we were typing back and forth, I went tooling around inside SKYPE and was able to sort it out, by changing some of the "devices" and suddenly we were able to hear each other…..So I thought geez..and I went and looked in the control panel, and sure enough that green bar that Nahumi and I were trying to get moving yesterday was going up and down and all was "normal". But it was activated from the SKYPE box….. So I wanted to see if gmail call phone would work. I called her cell phone. I could hear the ring…she picked up…I could hear her….but she could NOT hear me. So skype works both ways now, but gmail does not. _________________________________________________ Here are the results of going into the driver area as you instructed above: ______________________________________________________________ High Definition Audio Device Driver Files Details c:\windows\system32\drivers\dmk.sys :blink: c:\windows\system32\drivers\portels.sys c:\windows\system32\sysFxul.dll c:\windows\system32\WMALFXGFXDSP.dll Provider: Microsoft Corporation File version: 6.0.600l.18000(longhornrtm.080118-1840) Copyright Microsoft ______________________________________________________ Sheesh….this stuff is not cryptic enough guys, make it harder please……. :blink:
*sigh* I don't know if it installed….when I double clicked, I got no commands or anything, the picture just turned into a picture of a file folder. But I did not get any prompts of any kind. Also, when I clicked on "show in folder", what was sitting beside the Realtek? AVG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not finding the realtek anywhere…… This is what happened before when I tried to reinstall it…it just disappeared into the machine where I could not find it……. Clarification: when I click on the start button, and the panel opens with computer, control panel and such……..at the bottom left side, there is a place to click on "all programs". when I click on that, it shows a bunch of stuff that is installed - but with their specific "logos" beside them - and then beneath that are a bunch of things that just have a picture of a "manilla file folder'" beside them. But some of the things that are there, are not there when I go into to the control panel and click on all programs to install or uninstall….. So - I am thinking that in some cases I have "downloaded" stuff and just filed them. - this would be the things that have the little folders beside them And in other cases I have "downloaded" stuff and "installed" them. - these would be the things with the logos. Is this correct? :huh:
The only programs that show in the Installed programs in the Control panel are those that installed using the windows installer. Some "small" programs do not use it and therefore don't show there. But you are correct, programs in the downloads folder are things you have downloaded…. not necessarily installed.
Ok….but leaves that a box, with one of those windows shields in front of it, with the words "Avgremover" under it. Also, I am getting a pop up that states that "Windows has blocked some startup programs"….Is that an issue? And then, with the Realtek, I am thinking that the download is downloading to what you folks call a "zip file" because it has a little zipper up it……I have no idea how to install the realtek from that "zip file". Sorry to be tough on ya'll… Here - Jameson's all around. :weee:
AVGremover is a program you downloaded when working with me. We used it to remove most of AVG. You can delete it now. When you double click on the Realtek zip file… does it open another window?
Nope. I've right clicked, left clicked…once, twice…I downloaded it again, and tried that again, stood on one foot - rubbed my belly and scratched my head…..and no new window opens, I just seem to be moving the file around.
YES. And there is a whole swack of stuff in there…..all manner of cryptic things. Can't seem to find an on/off switch though. :wacko: How did I know I was left handed? :ph34r:
For the love of broccoli…I meant how did YOU know I was left handed. Sheesh…..this machine is sucking my brains out of my head. It's Zombie. Triple T, what about that little trick the other day, it was a little box on the lower left….from the C drive I think - when I dropped the combofix in it, it just installed and ran right away?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI