This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Explorer crashes occasionally

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

From time to time, explorer keeps crashing and giving me the following error

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16457
Application Timestamp: 4af79413
Fault Module Name: Mpeg2DecFilter.ax_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a9b7207
Exception Offset: 0acfaa20
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1071
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104…mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt


I thought at fist that this only happens when I have a video clip/movie minimized and I lock the computerf(windows button + L). However I got it now even without a video minimized while it's locked.

I have 2 files on my computer called Mpeg2DecFilter.ax

1. C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\
2. C:\Program Files\The KMPlayer\

How can I know which one is causing it, should I delete these files or what?
well it gave me an error the module "mpeg2decfilter.ax" failed to load. make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files. the specified module could not be found then I tried regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\The KMPlayer\Mpeg2DecFilter.ax" and also for the other one and it worked let's hope i wont be getting the problem anymore though we might need to wait several days
If you get it again, uninstall both of those programs/codec packs. Combined Community Codec Pack The KMPlayer and install FFDSHOW as mentioned.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI