This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

ABOUT:BLANK

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been trying to get rid of the hijacker ABOUT:BLANK. I've tried a number of fixes using various spyware/virus removal programs - no luck. Earlier today I tried ComboFix and have the text log that was generated, I can't really make sense of the log. Also have a log generated by HijackThis. Need help getting rid of this hijacker. Thanks. Gary K

Attachments:

Hi Gary K,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.


Can you please tell me why you think you've contracted the About:Blank virus?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI