Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91632 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet vanished?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TOMT

TOMT

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Family, Dragraceing

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:48 AM

:pullhair: Well sorry guys but this has me stumped..... Just hooked up a wireless internet for my home, had all laptops (3 lol the kids) and my desktop all running sweet. The desktop is by Ethernet Cable, laptops are wireless. I think I may have hit the wrong button trying to disconnect the Desktop.... as now I have no internet on it.... Laptops are all good tho. I had a look at Local Area Connection, it says connected? but in the repair side there is no address or anything? I seem to think I may have hit the disable at one stage... Looking at the repair it comes up with a fault, cannot repair... Now I tried to find my driver disks, thinking maybe that would help, but we have just Moved Countries and they seem to have vanished. Ethernet is : Atheros AR8131 PCI-E ANy and all help is great guys. Cheers
LIVE LIFE

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,774 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

Did you check in Network Connections in Control Panel to see if it's disabled or not? If it is, just right click on it and select Enable.

If it's okay, let's see what ipconfig /all says:

Click on Start then Run and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as show, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#3 TOMT

TOMT

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

Hi there, thanks for looking at this for me.. Have done as asked and here is the resuts. Windows IP Configuration Ping request could not find host yahoo.com. Please check the name and try again I have checked connection and it says that I am connected but I am unable to go past that, I have Net Meter and that says there is " nothing to Monitor" Here are some screenshots that might help, they are in the attachments folder? I see we cant post screenshots now? Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

• LEC.bmp.jpg
  • LEC2.bmp.jpg

LIVE LIFE

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,774 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

What does Device Manager, Network Adapters look like? While in Device Manager, right click on your Network card and select Uninstall. Reboot and let XP rediscover it and reload the drivers, see if that helps.

Rich

#5 TOMT

TOMT

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

:mellow: Hi again, sorry for the delay .... I have been away for work.. Update : after much looking at system, Device manager had no warnings etc.. I tried a system restore... should have tried that first off. All is up and running now. Much thanks for your help! Cheers Tomt
LIVE LIFE

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

:thumbup: Glad to hear it.

Rich