This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

unable to start computer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I bought an HP slimline Pavilion dual core running Vista a year and a half ago, and about six months ago, it started to give me error screens when I booted up. Here is a screenprint of the error screen. Now it is not booting up at all. Does this look like a hardware problem? This is the error that comes up on a blank screen after it sits for about 2 minutes and then beeps: AMIBIOS© 2009 American Megtrends, Inc. Copyright 2009 by Hewlett-Packard Company BIOS Revision: 5.12 BIOS Date: 02/17/2009 CPU Type: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ CPU Speed: 2.80 GHz Cache RAM (L2): 512 KB x2 Installed Memory: 4096 MB/PC2-6400 Dual Channel Memory Bank 1: 2048 MB/DDR2 SDRAM Memory Bank 2: 2048 MB/DDR2 SDRAM Initialializing USB Controllers .. Done. 1st Drive: None 2nd Drive: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH40L 04 USB mass storage devices found and configured. AHCI Port0 Device Error Press F1 to Resume When I hit F1, it tells me I need to reboot. When I reboot, the same thing happens. Any ideas?
Yes, it looks like your hard drive is bad or the hard drive has a loose power cable or SATA cable. Either way, the drive is not recognized. Its probably a seagate barracuda. :(
Thanks, do you think it could have been done by a virus? I got a computer virus around the same time this started happening, but someone on this forum helped me fix it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI