This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Serial Port - Not Responding

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had a bad virus on my computer and did the HP Restore feature. Well I know a PCI card was installed with 2 Serial Port slots and I believe it was purchased from Comp USA? I don't know the make of the Serial Port. I'm running Windows XP. Is there any way I can get this serial port COM 5 to work properly?
Hello T.C., Sorry to hear you're having problems. I suspect that the drivers probably aren't installed. To find out if there are any driver problems you'll need to look in the Device Manager : 1. Go to your Start Menu and click 'Run' 2. Type "DEVMGMT.MSC" and hit Enter 3. Look for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark. Right click them and go to Properties. Please copy and paste any errors that you find. Cheers, Nahumi
Thank you for the reply! Yes, there is a yellow exclamation point. It's asking me to reinstall the driver using a CD. But I don't have the CD? I don't even know the make? What can I do?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI