Deleted Member
Topic Starter
Doug's "Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing" topic http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=98700 contains the following link for Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
when I go to that link, there's a blue button at the bottom of the page to 'Download free version'.
I clicked on the blue button and it takes me to MajorGeeks, http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5756
In the middle of that page, near the top, there's an image "Download locations", and underneath are two links labeled "Download@MajorGeeks".
I clicked on the "Download locations" image URL:
http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=5…fd909666f809b26
I looked at the file properties of the exe I downloaded
version is 1.50.1.1100
digitally signed Monday, December 20, 2010 7:09:35 PM
by Malwarebytes Corporation
Recently in this topic: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…116596&st=0 TimK said to download the tool from
http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-…&tag=button
This is the cnet download site. A green button appears, says Download Now
I saved the file and looked at its properties. It's also version 1.50.1.110
It's also digitally signed by Malwarebytes Corporation dated Monday, December 20, 2010 7:09:28 PM
The cnet download timestamp is a few minutes later than the MajorGeeks download timestamp.
Which should I use?
thanks
when I go to that link, there's a blue button at the bottom of the page to 'Download free version'.
I clicked on the blue button and it takes me to MajorGeeks, http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5756
In the middle of that page, near the top, there's an image "Download locations", and underneath are two links labeled "Download@MajorGeeks".
I clicked on the "Download locations" image URL:
http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=5…fd909666f809b26
I looked at the file properties of the exe I downloaded
version is 1.50.1.1100
digitally signed Monday, December 20, 2010 7:09:35 PM
by Malwarebytes Corporation
Recently in this topic: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…116596&st=0 TimK said to download the tool from
http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-…&tag=button
This is the cnet download site. A green button appears, says Download Now
I saved the file and looked at its properties. It's also version 1.50.1.110
It's also digitally signed by Malwarebytes Corporation dated Monday, December 20, 2010 7:09:28 PM
The cnet download timestamp is a few minutes later than the MajorGeeks download timestamp.
Which should I use?
thanks