This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Internet Explorer and Google Chrome keeps crashing

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am not able to run ESET scan. It takes me to the website and opens up a pop up after i initiate the online can but it doesn't show me or start anything. I have tried it multiple times on multiple days. Other than that, computer is working perfectly alright. Since I updated my IE I haven't had any crashing. Google Chrome is working fine also. Computer runs fast as it was before actually. It was just the internet explorer I had problems with. After running malwarebytes scans AFTER updating my IE, i haven't had any problems at all. I guess it's clean and there is nothing to worry about?
Hi galaxy, With out the ESET log I can't say for sure if there is anything left. Which browser were you using? If you are using IE you will get a screen like shown below. Make sure to check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use. " Close the small window and click on the yellow bar at the top of the window. Click "Install activex control" 📎eset.JPG

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI