This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

How to remove error/infection svchost.exe on boot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After pullin hard drive out and running a complete scan from a different system removing all infected files, I now get this error on boot and cant isolate where its coming from: svcshost.exe The instruction at "0x7c91b21a" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "written". Click OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program I click OK to login. The system restore has been disabled and I'm not able to run windows updates. I'm asumming the bot or hijacker is the cause of this. I was able to install Windows defender and Secutity essentials. Defender cnt update but Essentials was able to. I have install HiJack this, Trend protect trends Browser guard and Web protect which keeps blocking stuff to infected site. Here are the log files from the tools as per the read. (i hope I'm doing the correct. If not, I do applogize) Thanks in advance.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI