This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

delete blank pages from mail merged word 2003 document

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have a 20 page document, each page has an identical layout with a mixture of text and tables. I am running a mailmerge on the document which works successfully. My problem is that after the mail merge has completed, I am left with about 15 blank pages per record as their is not always data to merge for every page for each record. Does that make sense? I am printing the final document when the mail merge completes but I dont want to print lots of "blank" templates where no data was merged for that record. Does anyone know of a macro I can run on the mail merged document which will delete the pages where no data was merged to it. To decide if a page is deleted, the condition could be something like if mergefiled = blank or if particular cell in table is blank, then delete complete page of document Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
i have never mail merge before, i am using a third party software to merge documents c# together. so when i am operating word 2003 documents. i have merged documents easily. in your case you need some editing word document tool to delete the blank page.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI