This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Internet explorer keeps redirecting

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Support team, I have some sort of virus that keeps redirecting my internet explorer to other malicious sites that contain viruses. I have used Malwarebytes Anti Malware and also Avast and also combofix and other programs and so far nothing has been able to stop my iexplorer attempting to redirect me. Can anyone please help? Dee,
Hi,

:welcome:

My name is NoodleTech. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
As I'm still in training at What The Tech, all my posts needs to be checked by an expert first. This may cause a delay, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.
Hi Demos30,

Please do not run any tools such as Combofix without supervision. Doing so may prevent your computer from working properly.

I need you to post the logs from when you ran Combofix and Malwarebytes Anti Malware.

ComboFix should have created a log, check at C:\ComboFix.txt and post the log if located there.

To access your MBAM logs, click Start, type Run, paste the following line into the box and hit enter:

%AppData%\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

The log will be named mbam-log-date (time).txt Please post this and your Combofix log in your next reply.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI