Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Nothing but IE works!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

So my Chrome stopped working, after unistalling and reinstalling, still nothing. I got firefox, and still nothing. Can someone help with this, please? Thank you very much.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

Hello HarleyQuinn, Does "chrome.exe" come up in your Task Manager when you try to open it? Cheers, Nahumi
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..

#3 HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

Im not sure, how would I check that, if you dont mind telling me?

#4 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

There are two ways. The first is to simultaneously press CTRL + ALT + DELETE. This will bring up a screen with a few options on it, just click on "Start Task Manager". The second, and probably easiest, way is to right click the task bar at the bottom of the screen and click "Start Task Manager". Once in the Task Manager, click on the "Processes" tab and then click on the "Image Name" column header to sort all the processes alphabetically. Then start both Chrome and Firefox to see whether either "chrome.exe" and "firefox.exe" appear on the list. Edit : Were you running a Beta or Developer version of Chrome?

Edited by Nahumi, 05 December 2010 - 04:56 PM.

Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..

#5 HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:49 AM

Thank you very much, but it seems to be working now, so does firefox. Im not sure what went wrong, but it seems to have stopped. Thank you very much though.