This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Can't remove "System Tool 2011" from machine

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I suddenly have something called "System Tool 2011" on my machine. I am getting multiple error/alert messages showing supposedly infected files and then a screen askingme to enter credit card info to download the virus removal software. There is also a pop-up window in the lower right-hand side of the screen that says "searchprotocolhost.exe is infected". I can not remove System Tool 2011 from the Add/Remove menu and I can not start Hijackthis to obtain a log to begin the fix with you guys. Lastly, there is a full page "warning" on my desktop in bold red letters that says: "WARNING - You're in danger! Your computer is infected with Spyware!", etc, etc. Please help. Thanks, Bruce

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI