This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Drive D

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Computer Profile Summary Computer Name: Home-PC (in WORKGROUP) Profile Date: Friday, November 26, 2010 6:06:22 PM Advisor Version: 8.1p Windows Logon: AnnaRuth Operating System System Model Windows Vista Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 6001) Install Language: English (United States) System Locale: English (United States) Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 1 System Serial Number: CND9311HFJ Enclosure Type: Notebook Processor a Main Circuit Board b 2.20 gigahertz AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core 256 kilobyte primary memory cache 2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache 64-bit ready Multi-core (2 total) Not hyper-threaded Board: Compal 30FC 01.99 Serial Number: CND9311HFJ Bus Clock: 200 megahertz BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.49 08/17/2009 Drives Memory Modules c,d 500.11 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity 344.60 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633M ATA Device [Optical drive] WDC WD5000BEVT-60ZAT1 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB) – drive 0, s/n WD-WXE0A6904692, rev 02.01A02, SMART Status: Healthy 3838 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'SODIMM 0' has 2048 MB (serial number AD000000000000000109264750D311) Slot 'SODIMM 1' has 2048 MB (serial number AD000000000000000109264730D4BD) Local Drive Volumes c: (NTFS on drive 0) 485.02 GB 342.31 GB free d: (NTFS on drive 0) 15.09 GB 2.29 GB free Network Drives None discovered Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers local user accounts last logon AnnaRuth 11/26/2010 5:44:37 PM (admin) local system accounts Administrator 11/12/2010 8:13:29 PM (admin) Guest never Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account KODAK ESP 5200 Series AiO on USB001 Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort: Controllers Display IDE Channel [Controller] (8x) Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics [Display adapter] Generic PnP Monitor (17.2"vis) Bus Adapters Multimedia Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller (2x) Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (4x) High Definition Audio Device IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Virus Protection [Back to Top] new Group Policies Microsoft Security Essentials Version 2.1.6805.0 Scan Engine Version 1.1.6402.0 Virus Definitions Version 1.95.656.0 Realtime File Scanning On None discovered Communications Other Devices Agere Systems HDA Modem Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter APIPA Address: 169.254.227.90 / 32 Dhcp Server: none responded Physical Address: 00:26:5E:07:6C:B3 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Realtek RTL8102E/8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) primary Auto IP Address: 192.168.10.47 / 24 Gateway: 192.168.10.1 Dhcp Server: 192.168.10.1 Physical Address: 00:23:5A:B8:BF:6A Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Server: 192.168.10.1 Microsoft AC Adapter Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery ENE CIR Receiver HID-compliant consumer control device (2x) HID-compliant device (4x) Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver USB Human Interface Device (3x) HP Webcam HID Keyboard Device Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard with HP QLB HID-compliant mouse (2x) Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad [Mouse] USB Composite Device (2x) USB Root Hub (6x) Generic volume shadow copy —————– Last week sometime, my Drive D disappeared. I did one System Restore but that did not do the trick. So I will not have to do numerous Restores how may I get my Drive D back? When I go to Computer, the right panel shows Hard Disk Drives (2), Local Disk (C:), and Recovery (D:). Underneath those is Devices with removable storage (1) In the left panel, under Computer, I see Local Disk (C:); under that is Recovery (D:); and under that is DVD RW Drive (E). When I click on (E) I get a message to Please insert a disc into Drive E. I tried to copy the DVD RW Drive from the left panel into the right panel, but it did not work.
I don't see much of a problem here. :) Your D drive is your recovery partition.. Its use is solely for disaster recovery, so its best left alone. There 's no pointy in trying to move your CD/DVD drive around,…if you need to use it then just insert a CD/DVD in it and it will either autorun or you can access it (as you do currently) via "Computer" It might be an idea to edit your forum profile….a little bit…..just replacing all your computer details with "Vista" will do, and save a lot of space…. I can do this for you if you want Regards paws
Thank you for your reply, Paws. I make a mistake when I said D Drive (not unusual for me):) The CD/DVD drive is the one that I meant. It had been listed in the right-hand panel when I would open Computer, but it suddenly disappeared. I will do as you suggested about inserting a CD/DVD. Yes, will appreciate your deleting unnecesary computer details. You are indeed an officer and a gentleman. :woot:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI