This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Play Your Favorite DOS Games in XP, Vista, and Windows 7

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Gamers, :wavey:


I happen to stumble across this article at another site and thought I should share.

Here is the start of the article~

Want to take a trip down memory lane with old school DOS games? D-Fend Reloaded makes it easy for you to play your favorite DOS games directly on XP, Vista, and Windows 7.

D-Fend Reloaded is a great frontend for DOSBox, the popular DOS emulator. It lets you install and run many DOS games and applications directly from its interface without ever touching a DOS prompt. It works great on XP, Vista, and Windows 7 32 & 64-bit versions.

The article can be found here

Hope you enjoy. :thumbup:


Regards,
Jkc73 :)
Hi all you retroverted ,retograde,retrospective,retroject,retrogressive,retroflective, retroceding bunch of retrocessives !, Look, you have to resist the urge to whack that paddle in retro tennis, jump up and down incessantly in some kind of Donkey Kong nightmare ! Please spare yourself the anguish of another super mario take off and other heart attack inducing Pacman maze ! If your going to go mad, you can find plenty of modern games to do the same thing but with better graphics ! :lol:
I do play some DOS games on my computer, via dos box though. I got Arena and Daggerfall from Bethesda when they started releasing them free for the 10 year anniversary, and it runs them very well, only installed from download though, not disk. The only other games that I play that you could do on DOS are the Doom Series, Hexen, Heretic, Hexen Death Kings of the Dark Citadel (all from steam and run via DOS BOX) and some quake. Haven't played much else from back then, makes me want to play Descent though…. just thinking of it, lol. Wow… good times… brings me back….
I remember playing the DOS games on my IBM when I was about 7 years old. My favorites were Gods, prince and lemmings. Anyone remember those? Thanks for this thread by the way. It has reminded me to start playing them again.
Oh goodness was lemmings an awesome game! I also enjoyed the high-quality graphics of Sim-farm as well. Where was some cool robot game I played that's name escapes me. You got to partially customize like 4 robots and place them on a destroyed neighborhood, it was turn based and you tried to kill the enemy robots. Very fun game indeed, and loved its fog of war capabilities. Still trying to figure out how to play Abuse on my computer too. That was an awesome game, and its free and 100% legal free too, which is my favorite kind haha.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI