alantb1
Topic Starter
This is for OLDMAN960
HI THERE
I am unable to get into my original topic so I am starting a new one with the same title.
Where are we?
1. I have 2 dead PC's not one
2. As well as the original trouble the system has now been struck by the RECYCLER bug - which has infected two pen drives, possibly an offline hard disk as well. This got in when I put the original PC online with the anti-virus systems disabled.
3. I daren't put anything which isn't guaranteed to be absolutely clean on my only remaining PC (laptop) in case that gets infected.
Flash disinfector didn't work on the pen drives.
4. The only possibility of getting into the original machine would seem to be via CD; pen drives get infected instantly.
5. I am deciding probably to cut my losses, I can junk the second (old) PC, it was past its time anyhow, but I must get the data off the originally infected machine onto an offline disk if this is at all possible. If that can be done I can get that PC totally wiped, reinstall the programs, possibly upgrading to Windows 7 and get on with my life.
Is there a guaranteed fix for RECYCLER? I would like to run it on the laptop before anything else is tried, just to make sure. Then I want to clean the pendrives. Format doesn't do it.
Cheers, Alan
HI THERE
I am unable to get into my original topic so I am starting a new one with the same title.
Where are we?
1. I have 2 dead PC's not one
2. As well as the original trouble the system has now been struck by the RECYCLER bug - which has infected two pen drives, possibly an offline hard disk as well. This got in when I put the original PC online with the anti-virus systems disabled.
3. I daren't put anything which isn't guaranteed to be absolutely clean on my only remaining PC (laptop) in case that gets infected.
Flash disinfector didn't work on the pen drives.
4. The only possibility of getting into the original machine would seem to be via CD; pen drives get infected instantly.
5. I am deciding probably to cut my losses, I can junk the second (old) PC, it was past its time anyhow, but I must get the data off the originally infected machine onto an offline disk if this is at all possible. If that can be done I can get that PC totally wiped, reinstall the programs, possibly upgrading to Windows 7 and get on with my life.
Is there a guaranteed fix for RECYCLER? I would like to run it on the laptop before anything else is tried, just to make sure. Then I want to clean the pendrives. Format doesn't do it.
Cheers, Alan