This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Slow Start-up

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I've disabled the services you've suggested and it seems to be starting up faster. Have you got any ideas why there is no operating system listed in the boot menu section of Msconfig?


http://img248.imageshack.us/i/bootproblem.png/


I would also be grateful if you could take a look through the below links I have attached they show the services that are starting up on my main desktop pc. if you could let me know the ones that are not essential to be loaded at start up that would be helpful.


http://img140.imageshack.us/i/servicesmainpc.png/

http://img687.imageshack.us/i/servicesmainpc2.png/


Thanks
Don't know why you are not seeing and Operating System info in msconfig boot.ini section. It should reflect the information in boot.ini. To check that: 1. Right click on My Computer and select Properties 2. Click the Advanced tab 3. Click Setting button under Start and Recovery 4. Click the Edit button As for services on the other computer, it doesn't look like much can be eliminated. AMD External Events utility Bonjour service Both Creative services You can play with the Epson services, see which ones can be turned off InstallDriver Table Maintenance Both Raxco services DO you use Steam? If not uninstall it. Again though, what about the items on your Startup tab, for both systems?
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I've disabled the services that are not needed on the other pc. The start up items are just Kaspersky and MSN messenger on both systems. I use Steam for games. Many thanks for your help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI