This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

windows sidebar not working properly

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just finished cleaning up some virus issues and now my sidebar isn't working properly. This is what it looks like [external image: Posted Image]

I've tried several things I've found on other sites but none has worked.

I have windows vista.
Hi starwood, try this:

Click on the start icon (bottom left corner)and type cmd in the search box,right click on cmd.exe that appears and run as administrator .Type in the following commands and hit enter after each:

regsvr32 scrrun.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Got this from a post in this thread: Solved: Vista sidebar gadgets won't view. I found this via a Google search for your topic title "windows sidebar not working properly" and added vista to the end of it.
Okay, thanks, that actually helps a bit. At least I can see what you are seeing. What Gadget are you trying to use? Does any other Gadget work? What does it actually say in the red box you have in the sidebar?
None of the gadgets work. The top one is weatherbug, the black one is the clock and the red one is coke rewards. The red box is supposed to say you need to login to view settings first.
What is the make and model # of your computer? Before you even think about reinstalling, make sure you have backed up any data you do not want to lose.
There are over 100 Pavilion DV5 models, what is the rest of it, DV5-?????? The Users Guide should tell you how to reinstall the Operating System or use the Recovery disc. If you can give me the complete model number I should be able to find the Users Guide at the HP website and point you to the instructions. As I said though, make sure you backup any data you don't want to lose before doing this.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI