Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Firefox plugin?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Enoch

Enoch

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

I am getting the following message from Mcafee about Firefox, I was curious is it safe to allow this as I havn't got any messages like this from Mcafee regarding Firefox before?

Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

I believe that is a new "feature" with FireFox 3.6.4 It is FireFox's attempt to isolate plugins. What it is supposed to do is - if there is a crash of Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins, Firefox itself will not crash - so you can continue to browse or reload the page and attempt to run the plugin again without having to restart. I have no explanation why this would be a new warning from McAfee unless you have just upgraded to FireFox 3.6
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#3 Enoch

Enoch

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

I only recently installed Firefox yes. I have heard people complaining about the plugin that it takes up too much memory or CPU%. I think I accidentally allowed it when copying the image, was just curious what it was.