This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Firefox plugin?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am getting the following message from Mcafee about Firefox, I was curious is it safe to allow this as I havn't got any messages like this from Mcafee regarding Firefox before?

[external image: Posted Image]
I believe that is a new "feature" with FireFox 3.6.4 It is FireFox's attempt to isolate plugins. What it is supposed to do is - if there is a crash of Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins, Firefox itself will not crash - so you can continue to browse or reload the page and attempt to run the plugin again without having to restart. I have no explanation why this would be a new warning from McAfee unless you have just upgraded to FireFox 3.6
I only recently installed Firefox yes. I have heard people complaining about the plugin that it takes up too much memory or CPU%. I think I accidentally allowed it when copying the image, was just curious what it was.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI