This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Trouble opening xml files from memory stick?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok, I have a memory stick which has several old chat logs saved onto it. Most of them I can open no problem, but the oldest set of recieved files, for some reason, are not openable. When I try, I get this message in Internet Explorer: - The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. ——————————————————————————– The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'file:///F:/Backup Stuff/My Received Files 0/jam… I dont know is this info is any use, but in the top bar of the internet explorer (As in for example, the one I have open at the moment had "What the Tech - > Posting New Topic - Mozilla Firefox") On the ones that work this bar reads "Message Log for - Windows Internet Explorer". However, in the ones that do not work, its simple got the file location up there. ("F:\Backup Stuff\My Received Files 0\" Ect Ect Ect.) I understand sometimes the files might not exist anymore, but they are still there as I can open them in word pad, but obviously, its got all the "/>
What is the file extension of the actual file you are attempting to open? For instance, using Firefox, the file will appear something like index.php.html And For instance, Saving page using Internet Explorer will appear something like: filename.mht ___________________ When you "click" on the file from your memory stick, you can Right-click - open with (and then select Internet Explorer to open the file) Does that work for you?
They are all saved with that kind of name, is thats what you meant, and when I open them that appears where a website would normally be typed? They all open with Internet Explorer as well acutomatically….When I open them in Firefox I can view it, but the entire documents one continuious line of chat history? Surely that proves they are still there, I just cant get my head around why I cant open them as a chat log in anything?
It's pretty clear that I am not familiar with the function that you are attempting. Sorry.

These folks appear to be having the same problem you describe.
And some solutions are suggested.

WTT does not vouch for those solutions, but I am providing the link as a possible source for your further research.
http://forums.asp.net/t/1004474.aspx

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI